Dear friends and fellow travellers – by request I am planning a custom Ecuador trip in November. This will be a small group and a unique tour style.
How so? This will be a flexible itinerary – fixed dates for flights and of course guaranteed highlights, but we’ll play with the routing much closer to the date, based upon weather, activities and requests.
When? 5-18 November 2020 (easy to make it longer if you like)
Where? Flying into and out of Quito, the world’s second highest capital city
- Quito, including the famous old town and, the cable car to 4,000 meters with a chance to swing above the city! (Click here for my blog post about the captial)
- The ‘Middle of the World’ – walk on the Equator
- The route of the volcanoes (including Chimborazo – the highest point on Earth by a certain measure)
- Cuenca – one of South America’s most attractive cities
- The hot springs in Cuenca
- Cajas National Park (reaching 4,000 meters)
- Tropical Guayaquil – have a look at the blog post from my last visit
- Ecuador’s beautiful coast, with a little beach time and the chance to look for the unique birds and marine life
It would be easy to spend months in Ecuador (something I have done), so with two weeks I want to offer highlights, but also the hidden gems of this incredible country.
As the smallest of the Andean countries Ecuador is incredibly diverse. So often tourists think only of Galapagos. This is akin to making a quick stop in the Continental USA, only to see Hawaii. We can certainly plan a trip to Galapagos at some point, or we can help you to visit, but the islands are very restrictive and expensive.
I have been exploring Ecuador for nearly 7 years now and can guarantee a fabulous trip. The whole point of keeping the group small is to allow the freedom to visit more isolated areas and to adapt the itinerary.
Hotel standards will remain high and food generally excellent. There will be plenty of opportunity for activity as well as nature, archeology and some good fun. Here is one of our favourite Ecuadorian dishes.
Prices & booking
Our goal is to cap the price below $2,700 pp (there will be a single supplement) + the international flight (we would include any internal flights).
There is already enough interest that we expect this group to fill completely. Please contact us ASAP to join this adventure.